- Strandh - Bass
- Dave - Drums
- Liv - Vocals
- Jimmy - Guitar
Since 2002, SISTER SIN has worked hard to earn their position at the top of the metal scene and with a third album release on the way, they are clearly here to stay. The blueprints for Sweden's dirty metal cartel SISTER SIN were traced nearly ten years ago. Former bassist, Chris Martensson and current drummer Dave Sundberg became fast friends, recognizing their mutual interest in 80's metal and their yearning to play the music unconventional to their home country. The pair quickly formed a band of their own in hopes to assault all ears around the world.
The search for the perfect front man began and they soon discovered vocalist Liv Jagrell. Although a female part wasn't their original idea, they decided to give her a shot and Dave explains, "It turned out she could sing better and had more balls than any of the other guys who tried out for the gig." With Liv on board, there was only one link missing: a guitarist. Without hesitation, Dave phoned an old high school friend, Jimmy Hiltula, who was known as the "best extreme metal guitar player around." With Jimmy's acceptance, everything was finally in place. The group finally began to craft their sound by fusing raw punk-rock energy with the power of classic metal. With their unique sound and line-up solidified, SISTER SIN gained widespread success in Europe and soon reached out to US based label Victory Records. The foursome signed to the label in 2008 and has since been able to successfully deliver their powerful sound to the US.
Four years and two Victory releases later, SISTER SIN released their third full-length album, Now and Forever, on October 22, 2012. The band then went on to tour the United States & Europe and were able to share the spotlight with monumental acts such as MOTORHEAD, ALICE COOPER, ILL NINO, OTEP and more. With a fully packed schedule to accompany the release of Now and Forever, SISTER SIN continued to tour throughout Sweden and followed it by a yet another full US tour that winter. This band is not into retro, retread hype; this is a serious testament to the raucous spirit of true 80's heavy metal and Rock 'n' Roll. Taking fans back to where it all began, SISTER SIN re-released their first studio album, Dance Of The Wicked, in June of 2013, which included a DVD of all of their energy-packed music videos, live performances, and more!
With their sights set on world domination, let SISTER SIN show you what it really means to rock 'n roll with their upcoming album, Black Lotus, set for release on October 28th, 2014. The band cranked out 9 attitude-heavy, hard rock anthems for the album that are guaranteed to get your fist pumping and head banging. Stockholm's complete metal package, SISTER SIN, cannot and will not be stopped.
"We want to make you all bang your head, spit your beer and leave the gig with a big smile and a good wry neck!" - Liv.
Photos Download all
- SisterSin_FeliciaPuschl_04.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_FeliciaPuschl_03.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_FeliciaPuschl_02.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_EmmaMoren_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_FeliciaPuschl_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- Sister_Sin_0100.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_Miko_Seppinen_0161.jpg Hi-res Web version
- SisterSin_0231.jpg Hi-res Web version
- Promo1.jpg Hi-res Web version
- Apr 22 Klubben, Stockholm, SE
- Apr 23 Liljan, Borlange, SE
- Apr 24 Tradgarn, Gothenburg, SE
- Apr 25 Kb, Malmo, SE
- Apr 29 Vulkan Arena, Oslo, AL
- Apr 30 Karmoygeddon Metal Festival, Haugesund, NO
- May 6 Leipatehdas, Vaasa, FI
- May 7 Lutakko , Jyvaskyla, FI
- May 8 Finlandia Klubi, Lahti, FI
- May 9 Nosturi, Helsinki, FI
- Jun 25 Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, CA
- Jun 26 San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA
- Jun 27 Shoreline Ampitheatre, Mountain View, CA
- Jun 29 White River Amphitheatre, Auburn, WA
- Jun 30 Idaho Center Amphitheater, Nampa, ID
- Jul 2 Ak-Chin Pavillion, Phoenix, AZ
- Jul 3 Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, NM
- Jul 4 Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
- Jul 7 Eagles Ballroom , Milwaukee, WI
- Jul 9 Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, IN