Reverend Horton Heat
- RJ Contreras - Drums
- Jim Heath - Vocals / Guitar
- Jimbo Wallace - Upright Bass
Loaded .38s, space heaters, and big skies. Welcome to the lethal, littered landscape of Jim Heath's imagination. True to his high evangelical calling, Jim is a Revelator, both revealing & reinterpreting the country-blues-rock roots of American music. He's a time-travelling space-cowboy on an endless interstellar musical tour, and we are all the richer and "psychobillier" for getting to tag along.
Seeing REVEREND HORTON HEAT live is a transformative experience. Flames come off the guitars. Heat singes your skin. There's nothing like the primal tribal rock 'n roll transfiguration of a Reverend Horton Heat show. Jim becomes a slicked-back 1950?s rock 'n roll shaman channeling Screamin' Jay Hawkins through Buddy Holly, while Jimbo incinerates the Stand-Up Bass. And then there are the "Heatettes". Those foxy rockabilly chicks dressed in poodle-skirts and cowboy boots slamming the night away. It's like being magically transported into a Teen Exploitation picture from the 1950s that's currently taking place in the future.
Listening to the REVEREND HORTON HEAT is tantamount to injecting pure musical nitrous into the hot-rod engine of your heart. The Reverend's commandants are simple. Rock hard, drive fast, and live true. And no band on this, or any other, planet rocks harder, drives faster, or lives truer than the Reverend Horton Heat. These itinerant preachers actually practice what they preach. They live their lives by the Gospel of Rock 'n Roll.
From the High-Octane Spaghetti-Western Wall of Sound in "Big Sky" to the dark driving frenetic paranoia of "400 Bucks" to the brain-melting Western Psychedelic Garage purity of "Psychobilly Freakout" The Rev's music is the perfect soundtrack to the Drive-In Movie of your life.
Jim Heath and Jimbo Wallace have chewed up more road than the Google Maps drivers. For twenty-five Psychobilly years, they have blazed an indelible, unforgettable, and meteoric trail across the globe with their unique blend of musical virtuosity, legendary showmanship, and mythic imagery.
The 11th studio album from REVEREND HORTON HEAT, boldly titled Rev, released on January 21st, 2014, stands as the bands highest charting album in their 25-year career. Debuting on Billboard?s Top 200 Albums Chart at #111, Top Current Albums Chart at #104, #26 on the Independent Albums Chart, and #2 on the Heatseekers Chart, Rolling Stone called REV "a throwback to old-school psychobilly-style Horton Heat" and "13 tracks of pure psychobilly mayhem" by Guitar World.
The mighty Reverend Horton Heat will release a limited edition 7 inch vinyl single for 2016's Record Store Day, including the track "Hardscrabble Woman," and the previously unreleased "Lying To Myself."
“Some of the best true rock & roll ever made” - Girls And Corpses
"Heat beats ‘em all” - Goldmine Magazine
“Godfather of psychobilly” - Rockabilly DeLuxe
“RHH has made an impact on a generation of punk and metal” - Penthouse
“A throwback to old-school, psychobilly-style Horton Heat” - Rolling Stone
“Go see him or I'll kill you!!" - Lemmy Kilmister
Photos Download all
- RHH_2017.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_BryanRegan_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_Jimbo_GeneAmbo_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_Jim_GeneAmbo_03.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_Jim_GeneAmbo_02.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_Jim_GeneAmbo_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_08.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_07.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_06.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_05.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_04.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_03.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_02.jpg Hi-res Web version
- ReverendHortonHeat_GeneAmbo_01.jpg Hi-res Web version
- Jun 22 , Brooklyn , NY
- Jun 23 , Hampton, VA
- Jun 24 , Greensboro, NC
- Jun 26 , Savannah, GA
- Jun 27 , Charleston, SC
- Jun 28 , Greenville, SC
- Jun 29 , Athens, GA
- Jun 30 , Nashville, TN
- Jul 5 , Islington, United Kingdom
- Jul 6 , Girele, Belgium
- Jul 7 , Pineda de Mar, Spain
- Jul 11 , Rome, Italy
- Jul 12 , Oslo, Norway
- Jul 13 , Vanda, Finland
- Jul 14 , Haapsalu, Estonia
- Aug 7 , N. Little Rock, AR
- Aug 8 , Sturgis, SD
- Aug 9 , Columbus, OH
- Aug 10 , Cincinnati, OH
- Aug 11 , Marietta, OH